Провайдер: Билайн
Поблагодарил: 2,194
Поблагодарили 22,276 раз в 8,456 сообщениях
Открыли хайд :
0 в этом сообщении
104 Всего

Награды пользователя:

Philippe Jaroussky - Vivaldi: Virtuoso Cantatas

Forty of Vivaldi’s chamber cantatas survive - short, dramatic works for solo voice and continuo on the conventional theme of unhappy love, written to order for an aristocratic audience. In the five examples heard here Vivaldi rises above the strict limitations of the genre to produce virtuoso works remarkable for their melodic richness, rhythmic exuberance and dramatic power. The young French countertenor Philippe Jaroussky includes two of Vivaldi’s equally individual opera arias - the first from Orlando furioso; the second, with cello accompaniment, from Tito Manlio; while the members of Ensemble Artaserse provide instrumental interludes in the form of a short prelude for theorbo and the splendid cello sonata, RV 47.

While the music of the glorious Venetian Antonio Vivaldi is well known, especially the standard repertoire `The Four Seasons' and the choral works and chamber works - even some operas - the cantatas are rarely performed and this CD of his best ones should change that.

Philippe Jaroussky is yet another fine countertenor who is rather recent on the scene. With the growing popularity of musicians courageous and gifted enough to become successful in the countertenor repertoire , the numerous pieces for this range of voice continue to appear.

Vivaldi's cantatas are refined, beautifully embellished, demanding consummate artistry of not only the high hurdles for the voice but also for the accompanying forces. Jaroussky seems to have endless breath, singing the long extended lines with total ease. His embellishments alter with each da capo as to the period born. This is a voice, a great power and warmth and one that feels married to the texts. Providing brilliant collaboration is the Ensemble Artaserse and period instruments.

The variety of color is awe-inspiring and the technique of these unique musicians is impeccable. In their solo portions they produce a richly elegant, Venetian sound. And in tandem with Jaroussky the complete effect is one of single purpose, line, and harmony.

Tracklist:
Cantatas for contralto and basso continuo
Alla caccia dell'alme e de' cori (RV670)
1. I. Aria - Alla caccia dell'alme e de' cori
2. II. Recitativo - Ma sia crudele o infida
3. III. Aria - Preso sei mio cor piagato
Qual per ignoto calle (RV677)
4. I. Recitativo - Qual per ignoto calle
5. II. Aria - Quel passagier son io
6. III. Recitativo - Deh, piu non regni nel tuo gentil petto
7. IV. Aria - Qual dopo lampi e turbini
8. Orlando furioso (RV 728) - Piangerò sinché l'onda (Ruggiero)
9. Prelude after Vivaldi (theorbo solo)
Care selve, amici prati (RV671)
10. I. Aria - Care selve, amici prati
11. II. Recitativo - Ben mal'accorto e folle all'or io fui
12. III. Aria - Placido in letto ombroso
Sonata per violoncello e basso continuo in B flat major (RV47)
13. I. Largo
14. II. Allegro
15. III. Largo
16. IV. Allegro
Perfidissimo cor! Iniquo fato! (RV674)
17. I. Recitativo - Perfidissimo cor! Iniquo fato!
18. II. Aria - Nel torbido mio petto
19. III. Recitativo - Cosi dunque tradisci chi contenta
20. IV. Aria - Piu amar non spero, no
21. Tito Manlio (RV 778) - Di verde ulivo (Vitellia)
Pianti, sospiri e dimandar mercede (RV676)
22. I. Recitativo - Pianti, sospiri e dimandar mercede
23. II. Aria - Lusinga e del nocchier
24. III. Recitativo - O ingannato nocchiero
25. IV. Aria - Cor ingrato dispietato

[Для просмотра данной ссылки нужно зарегистрироваться] mp3 192
Эти 5 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо upoke3 за это полезное сообщение:
nikitinn (18.02.2009), p0z1t1v3 (18.02.2009), sa-sabb (11.11.2009), zanoza-dub (29.07.2009), рыбка (23.02.2009)