Вернуться   Нижегородский Форум Друзей > Обсуждаем и качаем > Музыка > New Age, Enigmatic, Ethnic, Folk
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 19.02.2009, 16:54   #1
кто-то другой

Провайдер: Билайн
Поблагодарил: 2,194
Поблагодарили 22,276 раз в 8,456 сообщениях
Открыли хайд :
0 в этом сообщении
104 Всего

Награды пользователя:

По умолчанию [Ethnic] Azam Ali

Azam Ali

2002 Portals Of Grace

Tracks:
1.- Lasse pour quoi
2.- La Serena
3.- Breton Medley
4.- O Felix
5.- Ben Pode Santa Maria
6.- O Quanta Qualia
7.- Sackpipslät
8.- Aj Ondas
9.- A Chantar m'er
10.- Inna-l-Malak
11.- El Rey de Francia

From the booklet:

Having been born in Iran and grown up in India, I was introduced to the music of medieval Europe only after arriving in the United States in 1985. What initially struck me about the music was how similar the melodic sensibilities were to the music of my heritage. I could not help but feel the same shudder of awe when I first heard the music of Hildegard Von Bingen as I did when I was a child walking by temples in India and hearing prayers and chants sung through the sound of ringing bells. I felt that, even though the musical approach was quite different due to cultural differences, the root desire of music conveyed the same sentiments -- to commune with God and sing his praises. Other times I feel this music strikes a chord within me that is as old as my soul itself and trascends the confines and myths of illusory time and space.

I believe that all artistic creation is a direct response to an innate call each artist recieves. Sometimes that call comes in the form of nature, love, an experience, etc., but for me that call has most often come in the form of music. I am constantly interacting with the music that I discover and love. I see this interplay as an ongoing dialogue and a longing in our quest for the divine. In medieval times, the voice was regarded in the highest esteem, above all other instruments, for it reflected the purest image of God. I share this sentiment in that, for me, singing and praying are one and the same.

I see the human voice as a reflection of the truest self within us, through which we can mirror forth, either through prayer or song, the beauty and the grace of God.
Azam Ali

[Для просмотра данной ссылки нужно зарегистрироваться] mp3 192
Эти 4 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо upoke3 за это полезное сообщение:
barbariangoth (01.03.2009), henassy (02.03.2009), Iguanna (20.02.2009), rolic (19.02.2009)
Ответ