Вернуться   Нижегородский Форум Друзей > Обсуждаем и качаем > Музыка > New Age, Enigmatic, Ethnic, Folk
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 21.02.2009, 22:40   #1
кто-то другой

Провайдер: Билайн
Поблагодарил: 2,194
Поблагодарили 22,276 раз в 8,456 сообщениях
Открыли хайд :
0 в этом сообщении
104 Всего

Награды пользователя:

По умолчанию [Guitar] William Ackerman

William Ackerman

1998 Sound Of Wind Driven Rain

In 1998, with Sound of Wind Driven Rain, Will Ackerman produced his first record in five years. Ackerman's style hasn't changed that much over the years, but it has grown subtler, which is remarkable considering that his music has always been understated. With the exception of "Hawk Circle," which features an ethereal vocal, all of the music is instrumental, and its style will be familiar to anyone who has heard an Ackerman album. It doesn't have any remarkable breakthroughs in style, but it's a satisfying album.

About the songs; fragments taken from the booklet:

Shella’s Pictures
These pictures are of a childhood and all the days are special. Faces of friends whose names are becoming blurred by the years are sitting at a table with paper plates and pointed hats.

A Child’s Song
This piece was meant to be a guitar lullaby until my friend Samite was inspired to write his part.

Driving
I like driving fast, as state troopers in at least seventeen states can attest. This song is about lonely roads with the windows down.

Lion’s In The Sky
The apostrophe is intentional. This piece was written to convey the feeling of separation and missing someone.

Unconditional
Written for Harry and Giovanna and their wedding on October 4, 1996, which took place at La Posta Vecchia near Rome.

Sound Of Wind Driven Rain
The title of this song and this collection was simply stolen from MS Harlow who is as gifted with words as she is with form and color. It is her art that graces this recording.

Pontchartrain
I feel strongly that one should only be able to get to New Orleans by walking through a mirror or out the back of a wardrobe.

I know this river
This is the river I traveled up when my mother died. This is the river I hitchhiked up with Kate when we were sixteen. This is the river that welcomes me back when I've been away.

Hawk Circle
It is a nearly blank canvas for musicians to play on. In this version, Samite is asking the hawks to protect his village from snakes, the hawks having apparently little power over puddles.

Mr. Jackson's Hat
Mr. Jackson has a hat roughly the size of a Volkswagen. The hat is black and Mr. Jackson is a big man. It's worth to drive to his trailer in that ghost town in the desert to have a friend like Bill.

Tracklist:
1. Shella's Pictures
2. A Child's Song
3. Driving
4. Lion's in the Sky
5. Unconditional
6. Sound of Wind Driven Rain
7. Wings on the Water
8. Pontchartrain
9. I Know This River
10. Hawk Circle
11. Mr. Jackson's Hat

[Для просмотра данной ссылки нужно зарегистрироваться] mp3 192
Эти 3 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо upoke3 за это полезное сообщение:
barbariangoth (01.03.2009), diaxxx (25.02.2009), Serg7n7 (22.02.2009)
Старый 21.02.2009, 22:58   #2
кто-то другой

Провайдер: Билайн
Поблагодарил: 2,194
Поблагодарили 22,276 раз в 8,456 сообщениях
Открыли хайд :
0 в этом сообщении
104 Всего

Награды пользователя:

Returning: Pieces for Guitar 1970-2004

"In picking the pieces to record for Returning, some were obvious and others less so. One thing was certain, that I wanted this to be a collection of guitar solos. Because my early career involved solo recordings almost exclusively, a great deal of the material for Returning came from that period.
Returning is a collection of new recordings of my favorite guitar solos over 35 years of composing. Listening back to these pieces now I hear myself trying to get the notes in the right order and avoid any terrible mistakes, but I don't hear any of the nuance and ebb and flow that the pieces reveal when I perform them today. My ambition in performance is to be emotionally connected to every note I play.
When you're 55 you begin to think of what will be left behind when you're gone and I knew I wanted these songs to be left behind in a way that more completely reflected my knowledge of them and what they were meant to be." -Will Ackerman

Tracklist:
1. The Bricklayer's Beautiful Daughter
2. Anne's Song
3. The Impending Death of the Virgin Spirit
4. Pictures
5. Hawk Circle
6. Barbara's Song
7. Unconditional
8. Visiting
9. Processional
10. In a Region of Clouds
11. Last Day at the Beach

[Для просмотра данной ссылки нужно зарегистрироваться] mp3 192
Эти 3 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо upoke3 за это полезное сообщение:
barbariangoth (01.03.2009), diaxxx (25.02.2009), Serg7n7 (22.02.2009)
Ответ